Posts Tagged ‘Salon Marketing Ideas’
Competition among staff can be a good motivation tool as long as it’s done in a fun way and a staff member benefits at the end of the day.
It goes without saying that you will need to know what makes your salon staff tick, are they motivated by money, cinema tickets, time off, you get the idea.
A simple idea is to Market Salon have a $10 note as the prize for selling retail. Keep the ten dollar prize in their sights where they can see this, to remind them of what the challenge is about. A bit like the pass the parcel game we used to play when we were kids.
So every time someone sells retail they can put a hat on or beep a horn, make it a fun thing and whoever ends up with the hat at the end of the day, they get the prize.
What about having the Retail product of the week, you can place this into your newsletter, face book and Twitter and get a buzz going around the salon. You can promote this into your salon in so many different ways.
You can also give the responsibility for this to one of your staff members who will take responsibility for doing this out of your hands, remember to delegate as you cannot do everything! You can also with this have an incentive scheme in place for staff members to up sell to their clients and it’s a ‘win win’ for all.
If you have apprentices or looking to add value to your client’s service, then a simple hand massage works wonders. Whilst there are waiting for the colour to finish off or simply as a way of doing something over and above their normal service this always goes down well. If you have staff that are still training this is a great ‘training tool’ to get them to talk to the clients and it helps build their confidence.
Depending on how your day is progressing there are always I mean always ways of increasing revenue. You can easily do a small promotion on your face book or even mobile promotional offer. You can do a 2 for 1 special on a certain range of products just for ‘today only’.
Drive Profit to Your Salon through Salon Marketing Kits.
It is said that it costs a firm 6 times more to get a new customer than to retain one. So losing existing customers can be a bad omen for any business. On the other hand, retaining existing customers and driving in more is effective for any business in terms of profitability and brand awareness.
For a salon to get more customers and keep their existing women in workplace we can do it customers happy and informed, it is important to keep them updated about new products/services. This can be done by adopting various salon advertising strategies.
- Salons can generate more sales and build referrals by advertising to keep their existing clientele up-to-date about new as well as upcoming products/services. They can do so by sending newsletters, emails, text messages, sending skin or hair care tips etc. Through such salon advertising strategy, you can build close contact with your customers. You can also use our Salon Marketing Kits to explode your Sales.
- Use of Internet is another salon advertising strategy that is more of a cost effective strategy. By posting free ads and spreading awareness about your salon, there is a great chance that you will drive in more customers. If your target audience is youth, you can capture a great market through social networking websites. Through use of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and your own official website, you can keep your customers updated by letting them know about your happenings, special events, discounts, offers etc.
- If you have enough budget available to be spent on salon advertising, then you can advertise about your salon using print or electronic media such as TV’s, radio, newspaper, magazines etc. People utilize their time reading newspapers and magazines while traveling or waiting for a bus so having placed a small attractive ad in the local newspaper or magazine will promote brand awareness.
- Distribute flyers around your salon or in public parks, restaurants, cafes etc to gain more exposure.
- Another way of advertising and promoting your salon is through the use of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This is helpful in increasing the number of customers that visit your website and improve your rankings in the search engines. So you have more chances to appear on major search engines such as Google or Yahoo.
- One can also make use of billboards in order to increase awareness. Just be clear of placing the billboards at a place where you can easily find your target audience to be around.